A.J. Keirn has spent the last 20 years in the law enforcement community.
While AJ was assigned to the Northeast Patrol Division, he was recruited to be on the Division’s first Gang Task Force. The Task Force was assigned to identify and document known gang members, respond to gang crimes, and to investigate and build complex organized criminal activity cases against gang members for prosecution.
Additionally, during this time, AJ’s group was assigned to undercover vice operations in the area, including investigations of prostitution, which was rampant in the area. AJ participated in numerous undercover operations, which led to the prosecution of many street-level prostitutes.
- In 2000, AJ relocated to the Leander Police Department in Williamson County, Texas, where he rose to a command position and led the agency’s Criminal Investigations Division.
- A.J. Keirn has vast experience investigating major criminal activity, high-profile cases, corporate crimes, and child abuse cases.
- During his career at the Department, AJ worked closely with the local school district and several large corporate entities in the area. AJ was successful in identifying and building cases against the suspects in these cases, which were prosecuted by State and Federal courts.
- During his career, he worked extensively with Child Protective Services, and received the Law Enforcement Investigator of the Year Award from the Williamson County Children’s Advocacy Center (2006).
- In 2007, he was recognized once again by the Williamson County Children’s Advocacy Center as an Honorable Mention recipient for his work on criminal cases involving children.
- In 2012, A.J. Keirn decided to refocus his career and use his extensive knowledge in criminal investigations in the private sector.
- A.J. Keirn, during his law enforcement career, obtained his Master Peace Officer License.
- A.J. Keirn amassed over 2800 hours in police in-service continuing education classes. Notable continuing education includes homicide investigation, child abuse, and sexual assault.
- AJ’s well-rounded background makes him a versatile, skilled, and discreet private investigator who gets results.