No one wants to believe their spouse could be cheating on them. But according research conducted in January 2014, the reality is we should be aware of the signs.
|Percent of marriages where one or both spouses admit to infidelity, either physical or emotional||41 %|
|Percent of men who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they’ve had||57 %|
|Percentage of women who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they’ve had||54 %|
|Percent of married men who have strayed at least once during their married lives||22 %|
|Percent of married women who have strayed at least once during their married lives||14 %|
|Percentage of men and women who admit to having an affair with a co-worker||36 %|
|Percentage of men and women who admit to infidelity on business trips||35%|
|Percentage of men and women who admit to infidelity with a brother-in-law or sister-in-law||17 %|
|Average length of an affair||2 years|
|Percentage of marriages that last after an affair has been admitted to or discovered||31 %|
|Percentage of men who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught||74 %|
|Percentage of women who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught||68 %|
|Percent of children who are the product of infidelity||3 %|
(Source: Associated Press, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy)
1. He takes or makes phone calls in private.
2. He deletes the text history on his phone.
3. He maintains multiple e-mail or social media accounts.
4. He avoids family or other social events.
5. He suddenly spends tons of time with another person.
6. He gives gifts or frequently volunteers to help another person.
7. You notice a different scent on him.
8. He doesn’t touch you as much.
9. He dresses differently.
10. He’s gone longer.
11. He picks fights.
12. He’s being extra secretive.
13. There is a change in the emotional quality of your relationship.
14. He’s extremely angry.
15. You notice an increase in his work or his time spent away from home.
16. He pays an unusual amount of attention to his appearance.
17. He’s overly defensive.
18. His appearance has changed.
19. His behavior has changed.
20. His attitude has changed.
21. He wants less “we time” and more “me time.”
If you suspect your spouse is cheating on you, feel free to contact me to investigate.